We are aware of our responsibility to ensure the safe working conditions for the employees and are therefore fully committed to attaining and showing solid preventive measures by monitoring the work conditions related to our business activity and the risks derived from it.
To do this, CONSTRUCCIONES VERA has an Occupational Health and Safety Department to manage the safety of all employees working for the company.
The Occupational Health and Safety Department forms part of the Human Resources Department and has a Head of Department, a senior technical advisor on occupational health and safety who is specialised in safety at work, a full-time senior technical advisor on occupational health and safety specialised in three different areas: safety at work, industrial hygiene, and ergonomics and applied psychosociology, and a part-time senior technical advisor on occupational health and safety also specialised in safety at work.
- The managing and monitoring activities performed by the Occupational Health and Safety Department include:
- Risk assessment and elaboration of safety plans for the different worksites.
- Management and control of compliance with the safety plans at each worksite.
- Attending the safety committees held at the worksites.
- Enquiring into any accident that may have occurred and taking decisions on the corrective measures to be applied.
- Determining the periods of execution, production and enforcement of the corrective measures to be applied.
- Preparing and performing the required training and information programs on the risks pertaining to each job position.
- Cooperating with any courses that may be held by partner companies.
- Participating and providing advisory services to the managers and employees in relation to occupational health and safety.
- Determining the company’s organisational procedures in relation to occupational health and safety.
- Llevar a cabo los estudios estadísticos de siniestralidad
- Carrying out the statistical analysis on the accident rate.
- Coordinating the necessary preventive actions with any subcontracting companies within the scope of Section 24 of act 31/95 on occupational health and safety.
The general guidelines and objectives fulfilled by CONSTRUCCIONES VERA S.A. with regards to the management of risk prevention at work are contained within its Policy on Occupational Health and Safety set out by the management board. This policy is part of the general policy of CONSTRUCCIONES VERA S.A. and is consistent with it as it is applied throughout the whole organization.